Wednesday, March 5, 2014

midi rings {diy}


The other week I bought a very cute and very teeny tiny bee midi ring from A Wild Violet
When I opened the ring box, I squealed (a lot) and was immediately smitten. (so much squealing) Isn't it adorable? I'm loving stacks and stacks of gold rings these days, so I knew I needed to make my little bee ring some friends.  

This diy is super easy, and super inexpensive. (and super cute)

**************************

Here's what you need:


1. Cut your wire to approx. 2". (Make sure you get non-tarnish)
2. Bend the wire around the top of a nail polish bottle to get a perfectly round shape.
3. Using your round nose pliers, bend the ends of the wire into loops.
4. Fit the wire around your finger and adjust as needed. You may need to press the ring back into a circle shape after fitting.

Play around with these. You can cut the wire 2 or 3 times as long and wrap around several times, or add gemstones in-between two rings or dangling off the bottom of one. Have fun!







linked to: