Wednesday, January 29, 2014

liebster award & fab bloggers




Hello friends. We are snowed in today. And not just the Tennessee a couple snowflakes "snowed in," but the legit, roads are icy, there is actual snow on the ground, snowed in. I ventured out and barely made it up the hill of our subdivision and slid back down our driveway before "parking" in the street. So I'll be staying put. Which is perfect because Katelyn over at Learning, Creating, Living ever so kindly nominated me and The Knoxville Holts for the Liebster Award. (fingers crossed there is some kind of sparkly trophy involved.) The Liebster Award is given to up & coming bloggers, and it's a fab way to find new blogs & new friends. The rules are: mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog. Answer the eleven questions given to you. Nominate 11 other bloggers (that have under 500 followers). Make up a new set of 11 questions for your nominees. 
So here goes....

Katelyn asked:
1. Why did you start blogging? We originally started this blog to stay in touch with family back home in WI & MN when we moved to Knoxville, and it turned into ramblings about recipes, DIYs, and other randomness.
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not busy? Make jewelry and play with all the crystals.
3. What is your favorite movie & why? Depends on my mood. For a drama, love "the perks of being a wallflower"...such a great coming of age movie--funny, dark, sad. And I'm a sucker for a Christmas movie...Elf is my all-time fave.
4. How would you describe yourself in three words? introvert, creative, truth-seeker
5. Where is your favorite place to shop & why? it's a toss up between anthropologie and lululemon..., but lulu may have the slight edge since all I wear is comfy lounge/yoga clothes. (the perks of working from home)
6. What is your favorite blog post you've ever done & why? I really enjoyed making the lavender salt scrub. I love creating anything with essential oils. It feels earthy and primal and nurturing.
7. What is your favorite outfit to wear? See number 5.
8. What is your favorite place you've ever been & why? The beach in Mexico. Anytime I'm next to the ocean with my feet in sand, a salty breeze, and sunshine...it feels like I'm home.
9. If you could do one thing you've always wanted to do at this very moment, what would it be? Well, now I want to be on the beach.
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Getting thoughts/ideas out of my head and into the 3-dimentional world and hopefully connecting with people along the way.
11. How'd you come up with your blog name? We really stretched with this one...we are the Holts living in Knoxville. If I had to do it again, I'd do something cheeky like "crunchy musings" or "3 dogs and a blog."


*********************************

Here are my nominees: 
(I wasn't always sure how many followers you all had, so just know that if you're on this list, but above 500 followers, I still think you're neat-o, but you may not be eligible for the trophy.)

Kayla at Home Coming
Marilyn at Brewed Together
Christina at McBlog
Miss Charming at Charming Zebra
Erica at Comfy Belly
Denise at Fae Soul
Megan at Gingersnaps
Beth at Tasty Yummies
Alissa at Girl Makes Food

**If you aren't already following these fabulous folks, hop to it and check out their blogs**
OK, here are my questions for all my nominees :

1. What draws you into a blog? (the design? how it's written? shiny things?)
2. What would your superpower be? 
3. What's your ideal way to spend a rainy day?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. Three things you'd take to a desert island? (besides your loved ones...they're already there)
6. What's the one song you're loving these days?
7. If you had a do-over, what would it be?
8. How do you nurture/pamper yourself?
9. What do you wish people would blog more about?
10. Imagine money is no object...what would you be doing?
11. Name 3 things you like about yourself (while giving yourself a big, squishy hug)

I can't wait to hear everyone's juicy answers! 
{Have a great day lovelies}