Monday, December 9, 2013

plant nook {diy}


Hello lovelies. How was your weekend? It was gloomy and rainy here both days...which would lead one to think that I stayed inside and finally managed to decorate...nope. ugh. (At least we got the totes with all the decorations out of storage, that's something right?) It's on the to-do list. The good news is that I got our holiday cards designed. So at least people will be getting those before the new year! December feels like it's on fast forward. Anyone else?

I've been looking for a plant stand for our bonus room for a while. When I saw this little ladder for sale, I knew it would be perfect. It started out a blue color, but I wanted it to look like old, weathered wood. So I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in old white and french linen. The great thing about chalk paint is you don't need to prime, and it dries a nice flat texture. I painted the entire ladder with the french linen and used the white on the edges where it would naturally weather faster. Then I finished with a coat of soft wax to protect the wood. That's it. Paint it. Wax it. Grab your potted plants, and you're done.

I love how all my little succulents look. It definitely brightened up the corner. 
Bright, happy corner = bright, happy face.  






 {happy little plant nook}


{yes he would}