Monday, December 16, 2013

holiday tin makeover {diy}


Happy monday lovelies. Christmas is fast approaching...less than 9 days. Can you believe it?
We spent all weekend baking, shopping, and putting together care packages for friends and family.
I l-o-v-e making gifts...maybe it's because I need an outlet for my creative juices, or maybe it's because I love getting home-made gifts. There's something special about receiving a gift that someone spent their precious time and energy crafting just for you. And if the wrapping/packaging is cute too?
well, that's just icing.

I found tins for all our baked goods, but didn't especially love the lid design. So I decided to spray paint (actually my super generous helper volunteered to spray) the tops with chalkboard paint.
Then we wrote everyone a little message. It's an inexpensive way to personalize store-bought tins.
(and they look way cuter) 

hand-made + delicious + cute = best gifts ever
(stay tuned tomorrow...we discuss the delicious part)