Tuesday, December 10, 2013

dining room makeover


We finally did it. I've been obsessing over chalkboard walls...especially in dining rooms. (If you follow me on Pinterest, you already know this.) We pulled the trigger before Thanksgiving and painted away. I'm in LOVE with how it turned out. I was a little afraid it would be too dark with all the black, but not the case. The white trim and wainscoting look whiter, and the entire room feels brighter. 
The light from all the windows bounces beautifully off the black. 
So now we get to draw on the walls. Childhood dreams coming true over here. 

Here are a few before shots....
 You have to draw all over every inch of your wall to prepare it before you actually can write on it...
which sounds like fun until your arm starts to hurt. and your neck. and wrist. sigh.

Totally worth it though. I love how the black & white pics look against the black. 
It feels so classic, but with a fun, down-to-earth vibe. Love. 




We've been having fun playing with our new walls. I have so many ideas of what to do with them. 
One: our holiday cards this year. Here are a few outtakes...