Tuesday, December 17, 2013

chocolate peanut butter clusters ~ crock-pot recipe {gf,v}


As promised, here is one of the goodies we've included in our holiday care packages this year. Let me just tell you, these are DELICIOUS. They taste like creamy, chocolatey, peanut buttery clusters of heaven. You'd never know these are gluten free and vegan. They are soooooo good. And so incredibly easy to make.

Taking these pics brought me back a bit. Years ago, (like 8 years...wait that can't be right. it is. wow.) 
I used to do graphic design for a cheese and chocolate company in Wisconsin. And many a day were spent in the photography studio taking shot after shot of chocolate cordials, chocolate peanut butter cups, chocolate caramel clusters...pretty much anything that stood still long enough would be covered in chocolate and photographed. Shooting these clusters was just like old times...only I made the chocolate myself...and was still in my pajamas. 

I love my life.

******************************
chocolate peanut butter clusters
{gluten free, vegan}

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (I used 'enjoy life' dairy/soy/nut free)
*2 large dark chocolate bars, 3+ oz each (I used Ghirardelli Intense Dark 86%)
*3 cups salted peanuts
*3 cups cashews
*1 generous cup peanut butter
*2 tbsp agave

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1. Layer the following into a crock-pot on low: cashews, peanuts, peanut butter, agave, chocolate chips, and top with the dark chocolate bars (broken into pieces).
2. Let it cook on low for an hour. 
3. Give the batch a good stir and let it cook for another 20 min - making sure the chocolate doesn't burn. (Each crock-pot is a little different, so just keep a watchful eye.)
4. Scoop by the spoonful onto parchment paper and place in the fridge until set.

Store in the fridge in an airtight container. This makes a lot. Approx 40-50 clusters. Perfect for holiday gifts or entertaining. Enjoy!





linked to: