Tuesday, October 29, 2013

super clean


Well, the 10 day cleanse is coming to an end, and I feel really good. Better than I thought I would. I wasn't sure what to expect, especially since my diet wasn't too terrible to begin with. But I'm pleasantly surprised. It was a little rough half way through (there may or may not have been a crabby, PMS-fueled melt down around day 5 about mistakingly buying tahini not tamari), but I made it through. I feel lighter. Maybe not pound-wise (although who knows, our scale is dead), but digestion-wise definitely. Like internally things aren't working as hard as they were. Less bloating. And my skin is looking amazing. AND I've picked up some delicious new recipes. One of my faves is the one above...a pumpkin taco. Delish! And below is a sweet potato bisque...also yum. I've discovered I like sunflower butter with apples and cinnamon and LOVE butternut squash roasted with a touch of maple syrup and a few red pepper flakes. So good! Definitely going to keep a lot of these in rotation.

Have you ever done a cleanse? What did you think? What did you miss most?