Thursday, October 10, 2013

sunflower smoothie {gf,v}


Happy thirsty Thursday. 
I'm a little behind/frazzled this week. I've been busy designing the new website for my graphic design business, jollyfish studio. I normally stick to printed materials, so this was my first attempt at web design since my college days of HTML. It is a LOT less labor intensive with all the programs they have now...and even a little fun. If you have a second, hop over, and let me know what you think. 

Ok, onto todays tasty drink. If you haven't tried sunflower butter, you are seriously missing out my friends. I was first introduced to the heavenly butter at a little shop in downtown Knoxville called Just Ripe. They use local ingredients and therefore have a pretty limited menu...but everything I've ordered there has been delicious. One of their smoothies had the sunny butter, and I've been hooked ever since. 

Sunflower seed butter is a great alternative to peanut butter, especially for those trying to stay away from nuts. It has 1/3 less saturated fat, more iron, and more fiber. I know I kinda sound like an infomercial, but it's that good. And with every sip, you absorb a tiny bit of sunshine. 
(this has not been proven, but I have a strong hunch this is true.)

**************************************

sunflower smoothie
{gluten free, vegan, nut free}

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*1-1/2 cups coconut milk
*1/2 cup frozen raspberries
*1/2 cup frozen peaches
*1/2 frozen banana
*1 tbsp honey
*2 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Trader Joe's)


{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Throw all the ingredients in the blender.
2.Enjoy!

Serves 1





have a sunny day!