Hello lovelies. Just a few of my "green, natural, and organic" favorites as of late.
Any of these beauties already gracing your shelves?
1. Jojoba Oil: My favorite oil of all oils. Jojoba (pronouced "ho-ho-bah") is naturally rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids and has a chemical make-up almost identical to our skin's sebum. So it's easily absorbed and super gentle. It's clear and odorless which makes it a great carrier for essential oils. I've stopped using any kind of body lotion. I'll grab a little jojoba, a little lavender & peppermint essential oils, and massage into cuticles, elbows, and pretty much everywhere. The brand you use, doesn't matter, just look for "100% organic jojoba oil" on the bottle.
2. Mrs Meyers products: We use it all. The hand soap, the counter cleaner, and the dish soap. Not only does every scent we've tried smell wonderful, but 97% of the ingredients are naturally derived. And on their website, they explain what each ingredient does. Oh, and they all work beautifully. And their soaps are gentle on sensitive skin. No chapping, weird rashes, etc. Which leads me to my next favorite...
3. Dr Bronner's Liquid Soap: Since I have super finicky skin (eczema, rash & break-out prone), we've tried a lot of different soaps over the years. After using this, we've stopped our search. It's gentle and super moisturizing (they use 4 different types of oils), but still cleansing. No perfumes, dyes, or icky stuff. Dr Bronner's products are all fair trade, USDA certified organic, packaged in 100% post consumer recycled plastic, and never tested on animals. Gotta love a company that cares.
4. Spa Ritual Nail Polish: 100% Vegan and formulated without DBP, Toulene, Camphor, Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde resin. No harmful chemicals, but tons of super cute colors. It goes on great, and is good for the environment and you. Good and good.
5. Lure Beauty: I've been on the hunt for natural/gentle mineral make-up. This line is pretty amazing. They do not use talc, bismuth oxychloride, corn starch, preservatives or fragrance in any of their mineral makeup. I really like their matte mineral powder. It only has a handful of ingredients: Rice powder, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, & mica. It doesn't clog your pores, and if you have combo skin, you'll love the oil absorbing properties. I use a BB cream or tinted SPF, then a dusting of Lure's matte mineral foundation. I've been using for months and still loving it. It's really inexpensive, and you can order tons of samples to try out shades. Their blushes and bronzers are pretty great too.
6. Origins Totally Pure Deodorant: There have been a LOT of studies about the harmful properties of aluminum and other chemicals in antiperspirants. If you're interested, just google "aluminum and antiperspirant" and educate yourself. For me, I don't want to keep the body from doing something it does naturally, like sweat. However, I really don't want to smell like a dirty sock. That's where this stuff comes in. Origins uses vinegar, ginger, white willow bark, lavender alcohol, and a blend of essential oils to keep you smelling fresh. I really love how this smells...like a spicy mixture of lavender, ylang ylang, and patchouli. If you're used to synthetic "rain" and "baby powder" scents, this may take a little getting used to. But I love it. You may too.