Friday, September 6, 2013

dark chocolate kahlua brownies {gf}


I'm laughing to myself as I look at the photo above, because unless you know that I'm obsessed with teeny tiny, airplane sized bottles (which is what you see above), you'd think I made the hugest boozy brownie ever! Not that I'm opposed to giant, basketball-sized brownies. In fact, I think we could all use a ginormous brownie once in a while. And if it's filled with delicious liquor? Even better. 

These turned out chewy, moist, fudgy, and super good. According to the Kahlua website, their product is gluten free, so these little morsels have no gluten either. Oh, and did I mention you just throw all the ingredients in the blender? Yup. Easy. And no hangovers. (Although I stuck with a smaller sized portion, so if you're in an eat-the-entire-pan kinda mood, proceed with caution.)

****************************
dark chocolate kahlua brownies
{gluten free}

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*1/2 cup gluten free oats
*1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
*1 tsp vanilla
*1/2 cup coconut milk
*1/3 cup coconut oil
*1 egg
*1/4 tsp salt
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/2 cup agave
*2/3 cup chopped walnuts
*1/2-2/3 cup kahlua (to taste)


{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Preheat the oven to 350.
2.Throw all ingredients (except walnuts) in a blender on low until everything is mixed well.
3.Add batter to greased 8x8 pan and sprinkle walnuts on top.
4.Bake for 25-28 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5.Let cool completely before removing from pan (I know it's hard to wait, but try)

Store in fridge for up to 5 days. Makes 9 brownies.