Wednesday, June 5, 2013

egg stuffed avocado {gf}


I've seen a few egg stuffed avocado recipes floating around pinterest lately so I decided to give it a whirl. Sooooo glad I did. This was delish. And there are so many possibilities for dressing up this lil' dish...cheeses, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms. I went with salsa and goat cheese and was a happy camper. (and I don't even like camping, so that's pretty good.)

********************************
egg stuffed avocado
(gluten free)

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*1 ripe avocado
*2 eggs
*1/4 cup salsa
*2 tbsp goat cheese
*salt & pepper to taste

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Preheat the oven to 450.
2.Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out enough avocado flesh to accommodate an egg.
3.Place the avocado on a cookie sheet and fill each half with an egg.
4.Bake for 10-15 minutes or until egg is cooked to desired consistency. 
5.After egg is cooked, add salsa, salt & pepper, and goat cheese.
6.Serve immediately.

Serves 1




linked to:
Allergy Free Wednesdays HERE
Foodie Friends Friday HERE

2 comments:

  1. G'day! GREAT Gluten Free dish, TRUE!
    Your photo looks so appealing too!
    Cheers! Joanne

    Foodie Friends Friday Party too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes...looks and I am sure tastes incredible! I am featuring your recipe this week on AFW :)

    ReplyDelete