Wednesday, May 1, 2013

(just like Kashi) granola {gf,v}



I've been a long time lover of everything Kashi. They have great cereals and really tasty granola bars. But since I've cut wheat out of my diet, Kashi and its 7 grains (one being wheat) is out as well. Luckily, making equally as delicious granola without pesky wheat is super easy. One of my favorite Kashi treats is their Trail Mix chewy granola bar, so I decided to make a copy cat recipe (sans gluten and sans the rectangle shape). It turned out wonderful. Lots of crunch. Hint of sweet. It tastes just like Kashi, but full of the stuff I want and without the stuff I don't. If only everything were that simple. 

***********************************
(just like Kashi) granola
{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*2 cups gluten free oats
*1/3 cup melted coconut oil
*1/2 cup agave
*1/2 cup dried cherries
*1/2 cup raisins
*1/4 cup sunflower seeds
*1/2 cup almonds
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp cinnamon

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Preheat the oven to 350.
2.Grease an 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil
3.Mix together all ingredients in large bowl.
4.Press the ingredients into the greased pan.
5.Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is browned.
6.Cool and store in airtight container for up to a week.





Linked to:
Sugar & Dots HERE
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free HERE
Allergy Free Wednesdays HERE
Foodie Friends Friday HERE
New Nostalgia HERE
Happy hour projects HERE
liz marie blog HERE
lamberts lately HERE
allergy free alaska HERE

13 comments:

  1. Your granola looks a hundred times better than any Kashi :)
    Have a beautiful weekend and thanks for the recipe!

    Much Love.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet! It was super duper tasty!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. I will be sharing this on my Walking on Sunshine FB page tomorrow! Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the recipe! I'll be sure to pass along the info to my FB followers.

      Delete
  3. Great idea...thanks for sharing! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! I'm all linked up to your party! Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE Kashi but with nursing I can't eat most of it due to my LO being allergic to tree nuts! Got to try this with peanuts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day! Very healthy indeed, TRUE!
    Have many wonderful childhood memories of Kashi too!
    Saw as part of Foodie Friends Friday Recipe Collection for Mother's Day
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kashi and going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this granola recipe. I love that you made it gluten free.


    A Foodie Friends Friday co-host,
    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMM. We love Kashi! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    I would love for you to share your favorite posts and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html
    The party opens Thursday night and closes on Wednesday night at midnight.

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!! I've got to try this. I'm your newest follower. Found you through Liz Marie party ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! That looks and sounds so good. I will need to try it! If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete