Wednesday, May 29, 2013

{diy} essential oil mosquito repellent


I've got a super easy diy for you all today. I'm talking 5 minutes kinda easy. We're making an essential oil mosquito repellent. I've mentioned my love of essential oils before (see here) and this is yet another reason. Oils have soooo many uses. I order most of my oils through Young Living but the NOW brand is great too. Just make sure you're buying 100% pure oil...no fillers or carrier oils. This spray is all natural. (and it smells fantastic) No chemicals. No weird ingredients you can't pronounce. Just essential oils and water. All you need is an empty spray bottle, a few oils, and a sharpie. That's it. Add the oils to some water, give it a little shake, and you're good to go. Mosquitoes you're goin' down.

********************************
{diy} essential oil mosquito repellent

{{{WHAT YOU NEED}}}
*an empty 6-8 oz spray bottle
*essential oils: geranium, lemongrass, thyme, & lavender
*a sharpie

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Add water to spray bottle until 3/4 full.
2.Add 15-20 drops of each essential oil.
3.Close the cap tightly and give it a good shake.
4.Label your bottle with the sharpie.
5.Store at room temp.




{hmmm...this stuff smells funny}

1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT! I'm so excited to try it! I would much rather spray this on my baby boy rather than those icky smelling repellents. Thanks!
    XOXO/Lena
    http://www.rootandblossom.com

    ReplyDelete