Thursday, May 16, 2013

{dairy free} iced vanilla latte


So, I love starbucks. It's a, go out of my way, even when the weather is bad and I'm low on gas, want it but don't need it, desperate kind of love. Perhaps a little codependent...and possibly a little unhealthy. There's something about that first sip of an iced grande soy latte that keeps me coming back. Since I'm not a huge fan of dairy, I get soy milk...but I know excess soy isn't a great thing either. So I tried my hand at a dairy/soy free version using almond milk. It turned out pretty tasty. Taste buds = happy. Wallet = happy.

****************************
{dairy free} iced vanilla latte

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*4 cups brewed coffee, chilled
*1/2 cup plain almond milk (if you like a sweeter latte use vanilla almond milk)
*1/2 tsp vanilla
*1/2 tsp stevia

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Combine all ingredients and serve over ice (or frozen coffee ice cubes)
2.Add more vanilla or stevia to taste.

Serves 2




3 comments:

  1. So simple! I need to stop spending so much money at Starbucks when I could just make it myself! Glad I found your page! I live in Knoxville too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, my sister who lives in Malaysia sent me a recipe from your site and thought it was ironic that you live in Knoxville, are a graphic designer, gluten-free, & dairy-free. That list describes me as well. So hello!

    I'm guessing the stevia you used is the powder stuff right? Would it be the same for liquid? Thanks! Can't wait to try this as I too am addicted to Starbucks Vanilla Lattes. We just might be twins. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hello Twinsie! Yes, I used the stevia powder. I'm not sure if the liquid is equal sweetness? I think it may be a tad stronger. I would start out with a drop or two and go from there. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete