Monday, May 20, 2013

{95 calorie} dark chocolate almond butter cups {gf,v}



We can all agree that peanut butter and chocolate are amazing together. (I'm very skeptical of anyone not on board with this statement.) But if you haven't tried chocolate with peanut butter's cousin, almond butter, you're missing out. I love dark, dark chocolate...the darker the better. But I'm kind of a chocolate snob. I've done a fair amount of market research (aka: shoving my face with copious amounts of chocolate), and Endangered Species is my hands down favorite. So I used their 88% cocoa chocolate squares and paired it with Trader Joe's almond butter. The results are rich, creamy, and addicting. Don't let these tiny treats fool you...they are perfectly portioned and rich enough to satisfy the toughest chocolate craving. And since they have dark chocolate, I'd say they're pretty healthy. (If you're not on board with this statement either, the chances of us being best friends is pretty slim. But maybe we can still hang out around the holidays...unless you don't like puppies either...then I'm busy.)

*****************************
{95 calorie} dark chocolate almond butter cups
{gluten free, vegan}

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*3.5 oz dark chocolate (you can use milk chocolate if you're not a dark chocolate fan)
*almond butter

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Heat up a sauce pan on low heat and add in chocolate.
2.Pour 3/4 of melted chocolate evenly into 8 mini muffin liners.
3.Place 1 tsp of almond butter into the center of each cup.
4.Pour the remaining chocolate over each cup until the almond butter is covered.
5.Place the cups in the refrigerator for an hour or until set.
6.Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.

Makes 8 mini cups




nom.


linked to:
Simply sugar & gluten free HERE
melt in your mouth monday HERE
jam hands HERE
i should be mopping the floor HERE
couponing & cooking HERE
sew chatty HERE
skip to my lou HERE
this gal cooks HERE
say not sweet anne HERE
plaid & paisley kitchen HERE

3 comments:

  1. I love that combination. At my 40th birthday party one of my cakes was chocolate with PB frosting. It went pretty quick :) Do not even get me started on Reese's PB Cups. Love them! However I am trying to cut back on my sugar intake. So cruel to myself. I am hoping a few symptoms I am having will GO AWAY!! Have a good night.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark chocolate almond butter cups looks so tempting, appetizing and unique way of indulging dark chocolate and almond butter. This is similar to the chocolate snacks that I really like. Is dark chocolate available in the grocery store? This is perfect because I knew someone who loves to eat dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete