Wednesday, May 8, 2013

3 ingredient cookies {gf,v}


This recipe was born out of pure curiosity. I'm always dreaming up new recipes. Always wondering what would happen if I added this or subtracted that. I got to thinking about what would happen if I only used 2 or 3 ingredients for my next batch of cookies...what should I use? can I eliminate baking soda? sweetener? eggs? flour? would that even work? To my surprise, it did. Easily & deliciously. I used chunky peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate chips...and that's it. Seriously, nothing else. So ridiculously easy. No sugar. No flour. No gluten. But still somehow super tasty. Arik wanted to make another batch before the first was even gone...always the sign of a winning recipe. I like winning.

***************************
3 ingredient cookies
(vegan, gluten free)

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*1 cup chunky peanut butter
*2 ripe bananas
*3/4 cup chocolate chips

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Preheat oven to 350.
2.Mash bananas in large bowl until creamy.
3.Add in peanut butter until well mixed.
4.Fold in chocolate chips.
5.Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
6.Bake for 13-15 minutes or until browned.
7.Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
8.Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.

Makes approx 16 cookies
  







linked to:
Simply sugar & gluten free HERE
melt in your mouth monday HERE
jam hands HERE
i should be mopping the floor HERE
couponing & cooking HERE
sugar and dots HERE
allergy free wednesdays HERE
lamberts lately HERE
allergy free alaska HERE
liz marie HERE
allergy free cookery HERE

8 comments:

  1. I must admit these are my favorite flavors together. I have been known for breakfast to have a cut up banana and eat it with pb and cc. SINFUL but oh so good!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing Janet...only after dinner...and during the day. :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely FABULOUS!! We've already made them twice since your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious! Pinning it now for the next time I have some ripe banannas! Stopping by from Create It Thursday. Have a great day!
    CarrieThisHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try these! Been looking for yummy GF treats.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Elvis Cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks simple and yummy! Have you tried freezing these? I was wondering if they might become sticky.

    ReplyDelete