Wednesday, March 13, 2013

gluten free granola


This was my first attempt at a granola, and I'm officially obsessed with this stuff! In fact, I'm shoving my face with it as I type (granola is easy to get out of a laptop, right?) I had no idea how simple this was to make (or just how addicting it would be). I looked at several recipes just to get an idea of how long to cook it for, and immediately grabbed a bowl and started throwing in whatever I had in the pantry. Seeds, nuts, raisins. yup, yup and yup. Almond butter? Why not. The possibilities are endless. I can't wait to try out more combos...dried cherries or pistachios or maybe some chocolate chips? Never buying granola again.
What are your favorite granola ingredients?
******************************
gluten free granola
{vegan}

{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*2 cups gluten free oats (I used quick cooking, but regular oats will work too)
*1/2 pecans, chopped
*1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
*1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
*1/3 cup sunflower seeds
*1/4 cup ground flax seed
*1/4 cup shredded coconut
*3/4 cup almond butter
*1/3 cup honey (use agave for vegan sub)
*1/2 cup coconut oil
*1 cup raisins

{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Preheat the oven to 250.
2.Combine all the ingredients (except raisins) and stir until well mixed.
3.Spread mixture onto greased cookie sheet.
4.Bake for 20 min and then gently stir.
5.Bake another 50 minutes.
6.Remove granola and stir.
7.Add in raisins. Let cool.
8.Store up to a week in airtight container.




Linked to:
Allergy Free Alaska HERE
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free HERE
Tessa the domestic diva HERE
Foodie Friends Friday HERE
Sugar & Dots HERE
Allergy Free Wednesdays HERE


3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! Do you know what the calorie content would be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the calorie count, but this is a great reference for calculating nutrition info in your own recipes: http://nutritiondata.self.com/mynd/myrecipes/welcome?returnto=/mynd/myrecipes
      I think sparkpeople.com has a recipe calculator as well. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Your granola looks awesome! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete