Thursday, February 14, 2013

strawberry mojito

 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 
And happy Thirsty Thursday!
  
  I love V-Day. Little hearts everywhere, yummy candy, people spreading love via cards, gifts, flowers. 
It all makes me happy. But I think we need it 3-4 times a year. Who do I write about making Valentine's quarterly? Congress? Oprah? I'm guessing Oprah could get it done faster.
 
Before I run off to write Ms. Winfrey, I'm going to share this lovely drink with you. It's a nice twist on the classic mojito. I'm not a huge rum fan, so I swapped it out for my fave...grey goose. Vodka is so much smoother to me. And then just to "valentines" it up, I threw some strawberries in there. They add a nice punch of color and a touch of sweetness.
 
Whatever you eat, drink, & do today, enjoy!
 
********************************************
 
Strawberry Mojito
 
{{{INGREDIENTS}}}
*2 shots vodka
*3/4 cup sliced strawberries
*1 shot lime juice
*1 Tbs sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
*splash of sprite
*couple sprigs of mint
 
{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.In a cocktail shaker mix the vodka, strawberries, lime juice, sugar, & mint.
2.Muddle the ingredients. (really crush up the mint and strawberries, don't be shy.)
3.Pour the muddled mixture over ice.
4.Add a splash of sprite.
 
Makes 1 super stellar strawberry mojito.
 



 
 Do you have any valentine's plans?