Tuesday, February 5, 2013

my favorite face products

Ok, possible oversharing moment here. I have super finicky skin...eczema, breakouts, something called Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis (basically little white spots on my arms and legs...harmless, but weird), and let's not get into all the allergies. All of this to say, I try A LOT of beauty products. (Because if mama's face ain't happy, mama ain't happy...)  
 
So I thought I'd put together a post with my current favorite face products. This post isn't sponsored by any of these products. Just a girl showing what's working these days to keep her skin happy.
 

1.Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder
I just recently discovered this stuff. It has Amazonian clay, which is said to balance the skin, reduce dryness and flakiness, improve the clarity and texture, and remove surface oil. And it really does what it says! Without this product, I get super shiny by the end of the day. But other products that mattify are so drying and heavy. Not this one. Light as a feather. Bonus: no parabens, dyes, synthetic stuff, etc.
2.Eradikate Acne Treatment 
I am always on the hunt for zit zappers. Zits are never cute. Not when we were teens, and certainly not now. This stuff is the best I've found. Dip a Q-tip into the pink potion, and dab it on your trouble areas. The sulfur and salicylic acid work their magic, and you wake up with happy skin. Warning: it doesn't smell great. The offender is the sulfur. But I say it's a small price to pay for clear skin.

3.Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
This is a sulfate-free cleanser that is super gentle, but does it's job. Make-up removed, skin cleaned...without stripping your skin of moisture. It has natural ingredients like botanicals and green tea. And like all Boscia products: no parabens, dyes, synthetic icky badness, etc.
4.Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
I am obsessed with this line. I also have their Premium BB cream which has a higher 45 SPF that I usually wear in the summer. This black label BB is designed to help detox the skin, which I love. It doesn't just cover any blemishes or uneven skin tone, it contains botanical actives to purify and HEAL any irritated areas. It also contains Arbutin, which helps lighten unwanted dark spots. AND it's moisturizing. AND it has 25 SPF! It really is a little miracle cream. It comes in one shade and morphs to your skin's shade. I'm so glad there were kids that liked science class so we can have magical creams like this. Thanks science nerds! We are forever in your debt.
5.
Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
This stuff is like butter...so silky smooth. It's a little on the spendy side...but I always come back to it because nothing else moisturizes like it. No stickiness. No weird taste, smell, texture, or harmful ingredients. Just happy, soft lips.
6.Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment
Minimizes fine lines and dark circles. Yes and Yes. It has a nice illuminating effect without any crazy sparkles or anything resembling glitter. You are left with a perfectly subtle glow. I love that it works well under make-up and isn't too heavy. It has a bunch of good-for-you ingredients like rose oil, olive oil, rosemary. No parabens, sulfates, dyes, synthetics, gmo's, etc.
7.Clarisonic Mia
This is a holy grail product. The makers of Sonicare decided to come out with a face cleansing system. I was very skeptical at first. But I was very wrong. This little rotating scruby brush gets your skin sooooo clean. The overall texture of my skin changed within weeks. Breakouts reduced. Just read any of the reviews out there, and you'll find thousands of other worshipers. It really is amazing.
8.Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
If you have any spots you want lightened...this is the stuff. It has 2% Hydroquinone which fades existing dark spots, age spots and freckles, Hexapeptide-2 which is a skin lightening peptide that prevents future damage by helping prohibit pigment formation, and Glycolic Acid which exfoliates, helping the active ingredient to penetrate more quickly. (read: faster results) I noticed scars and spots starting to disappear after about 2 weeks.

So there you have it. Did any of your favorites make it on the list? Any you'd add?
(Don't you just love knowing what products people are using? And what works?!?)
 

2 comments:

  1. woah, thanks so much for sharing this. looks like i just might be trying out some new products!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linsey, let me know if you do! I'd love to hear how they work.

      Delete