Tuesday, February 26, 2013

lace lamp {DIY}


I've got a great DIY for you all today. This little lamp has had a few makeovers in its day. Here's how I bought it from good ol' Pier 1 a bajillion years ago...
 
 
 Then I tweaked it a bit. See that makeover here. But, I got bored with that design too. (Sometimes I have decorating ADD.) And so the little lace lamp was born. Now this is a fairly straight forward DIY, but you need to be prepared to tinker a bit. Lots of measuring and intricate cutting. Make sure your x-acto knife is nice and sharp. You can do it!
 
******************************************
 
{{{SUPPLIES}}}
*a cylinder lamp shade
*heavy duty paper for the base color
*laser cut paper for the "lace" (a few online options: HERE & HERE)
*mod podge
*x-acto knife
*ruler
 
{{{DIRECTIONS}}}
1.Cut your papers to the size of your lamp shade. Be very careful with the laser cut paper.
2.Paint mod podge onto the lamp shade.
3.Quickly place the heavy duty base paper onto the shade, working from the middle out to smooth any creases.
4.Add more mod podge to the top of the base paper.
5.Quickly add the "lace" paper.
6.Finish with another layer of mod podge, getting into all corners.
7.Let dry several hours before handling.


 Isn't this cool paper? I love it!
   



Have you been working on any DIY projects?

Linked to:
Fluster Buster HERE
New Nostalgia HERE
Sugar and Dots HERE
Hope Studios HERE
 


4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! What a transformation! What did you use to secure the top and bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The top and bottom piping didn't change.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I have been looking for something clever to do to my lampshades. I'm following you via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I'll be sure to swing by your party!

      Delete