Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{DIY} Lavender salt scrub


This DIY was so much fun! I felt like a mad scientist mixing oils, salts flying, devil-may-care. And let me tell you how amazing the house smells while you're making these...uh.may.zing. (I kinda wanted to roll around in all the saltiness instead of jar it.) Since I already had a bunch of essential oils (see my faves HERE), I only needed to buy epsom salts and a carrier oil. I decided on grapeseed, but you can use any carrier oil, just make sure it is unscented. Jojoba is another one of my favorites. (and just really fun to say...ho.ho.ba) 

I didn't use a recipe for this little project, and you don't need one either. Here's the scoop:
1. Start out by layering an inch or two of epsom salt in your jar.
2. Add your carrier oil until the salt is fully saturated.
3. Stir in 9-10 drops lavender or other essential oil.
4. Repeat until the jar is full.
BOOM! That's it! So easy. These make fabulous gifts (just make sure you save one for you.)

 
 
Can you smell the lavender?
 
 Linked to:
Sugar & Dots here
Mad in Crafts here
The Trendy Treehouse here
Lil Luna here

7 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to make something like this for a while, but the couple recipes I have found used coconut oil which was perplexing since it's normal state is solid. Grapeseed oil seems like a good one to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't use coconut oil unless your bathroom stays at 90 degrees to keep it liquified. The grapeseed worked great!

      Delete
  2. Where did you buy the jars in bulk? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these at ac moore. I'm guessing Joann's or michaels will have similar jars. Or amazon.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the essential oil an all natural oil? A warmer oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ambur. You want 100% lavender essential oil. It will say that right on the label. Make sure there is nothing else added.

      Delete