Monday, February 18, 2013

{DIY} crystal magnets

 
I have a really easy and suuuuper cute DIY for you all today. (Seriously, could not be easier...or cuter.)
A few months ago I stumbled across a set of amazing crystal magnets from LEIF. But they were $36 for 8. A little steep when you know you can make something similar for waaaaaay cheaper. Since I am a huge rock geek, I already had a bunch of crystals laying around the house. (But you can easily find similar stones on Etsy or any local gem shop.) So all I needed to buy were magnets and glue. Project total=$5 for 10!
 
Here are the super simple directions.
 
 
 
How easy is that?! I LOVE THEM! I want to put them everywhere! Would a magnetic room be weird?
 
 
 What do you think?
(Are you already out the door buying supplies? I don't blame you.)

Linked to:
Skip to my lou HERE
Sew Chatty HERE
Housewife How-To's HERE
Monday Funday @ C.R.A.F.T. HERE
Hope Studios HERE
New Nostalgia HERE
Sugar Bee Crafts HERE
Ladybug blessings HERE
Sugar and Dots HERE


3 comments:

  1. I must have seen the same ridiculously overpriced magnet set that inspired you... I was just a total slacker and never made the magnets, haha!
    You've inspired me - I'm going to make these asap!

    <3 Mr.Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so relate...I've been wanting to do this DIY forever! The hardest part is deciding to just do it. I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete
  2. Super cute project!!! Love and have many minerals and this is a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete