Monday, July 23, 2012

metallic botanical prints

Latest project: metallic botanical prints. I sanded down some frames to give them a more beat-up, rustic feel and then printed out 4 coordinating leaf designs on the computer. You could just as easily use wrapping paper, greeting cards, or scrapbook paper. Next, I took a leaf and colored it with a metallic sharpie. While the leaf was still wet I pressed it onto the print. You're left with a nice metallic leaf stamp. I overlapped a few and used several different metallics. The result is super cute and it couldn't be easier.

Here are the before frames.

Here's the after. Metallic botanical prints.


***linking to positively splendid***

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool that you used real leaves! I never would have thought of that. :)

    ReplyDelete