Tuesday, July 10, 2012

dog make-over

No...not a real dog make-over. (though my husband might be a tad surprised if I ever went that route...think he'd mind walking tie-dye colored dogs?) This was a canine figurine make-over, or make-under in this case. We had picked up these adorable little guys in Wisconsin. They made me giggle because they looked like they had their own little personalities. But, since we are in the process of slowly transitioning our bonus room into a more mono-chromatic palette (read: less busy, more relaxing), their colorful coats needed to be tamed.

I used a black, matte chalkboard paint....and I'm super happy with how they turned out. Much more subdued. And, in my opinion, extremely charming. Since the real dogs blend so nicely with the new color scheme, I guess I'll hold off on subjecting them to multi-colored hair (for now).