Thursday, April 5, 2012

thankful thursday: 9

This thankful thursday is going to be short and sweet. I just got out of the hospital an hour ago (so I can't be held responsible for anything I say for the next few hours due to the anesthesia hang-over...or operate heavy machinery). I'm told the procedure went well. They injected the steroid directly into the piriformis muscle.The hope is that the muscle and surrounding tissue will become less inflamed and decontinue (that's not a word is it?) eliminate the compression on the sciatic nerve. And therefore, stop the shooting pain that runs from the pelvis/tailbone area down my leg.

After a week or so, I should be able to start stretching out these muscles and hopefully heal this area once and for all! I don't know if I'll need to see another physical therapist to ensure this is done properly, or what exactly the next steps will be, but for today I am SUPER thankful this procedure is over. I'm grateful everything went well. I'm trusting that this was exactly what I needed to begin to heal. Now I'm going to take a nap and dream about my soon-to-be pain-free, graceful, agile, and strong new body.


Thank you for all your prayers and support. I'm grateful. 


What are you thankful for today?