Thursday, April 19, 2012

thankful thursday: 10

1.the weather
This is my FAVORITE time of year. Flowers are in full bloom as the weather dances around the seventy/seventy-five degree range. The sun shines more days than not and there's usually a light breeze (that is nowhere to be found come August). I just want to bottle up this time of year, store it in my cupboard and then bathe in it in January.



2. margaritas!
I've been on a margarita kick lately. There are a few good looking recipes floating around pinterest. Here's one I'm super excited to try:
Grapefruit Margarita
Ingredients:

· 2 ounces tequila
· 1 ounce orange liqueur
· 1 ounce grapefruit juice, preferably freshly squeezed
· 3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
· Garnish suggestion: wedges of grapefruit and slices of lime
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake and pour into a stemmed glass with salted rim over ice.

3. Debbie Ford books
I love a good book, especially one that opens you up to thinking about life in a different way. Ms. Ford's writing has a way of gently nudging you to look inward for answers instead of constantly searching for outer distractions and "fillers." She offers such practical advice for making peace with all the parts of yourself (yes, even the angry, sad, whiny parts...and we all have 'em!) as well as accepting the present moment. I've read just about every book Debbie has come out with. The way she speaks just makes sense in my busy little brain. I'm so grateful I've found her writings. I've learned sooooo much. I just pre-ordered her new book, "Courage." I'm waiting on the edge of my seat until Tuesday when it gets here!


4. Draw Something App
I kind of love this little App! I get to play pictionary with my friends and people I've never met on my phone.It makes me giggle. love. love. love.

5. popsicles
My mom always used to make homemade strawberry yogurt popsicles when I was little. They were a healthy, super yummy treat. I'm going to try my hand at making a few frozen treats this summer. These look like a good place to start. 
Strawberry Popsicles
Ingredients
•2 cups fresh strawberries
•1/4 cup frozen white grape juice concentrate, thawed
•2 tbp sugar
•1 tbsp fresh lime juice
•3 tbsp water

Instructions
1.Combine strawberries, white grape concentrate, sugar, lemon juice and water in a blender and process until smooth.
2.Pour the mixture into 8 individual popsicle molds. Freeze until completely firm.


What are you thankful for today?