Thursday, March 29, 2012

thankful thursday: 8



There are some days when it is really hard to find things to be thankful for; today is one of those days. (sigh.) I realize on a day like today (when I'm feeling like I want to run away to Mexico), is most likely when I'd REALLY benefit from recognizing what I'm grateful for. So I'm going to dig in and hope this post can pull me out of this funk.

1. a new mattress
We both noticed our mattress had some indentations...never a welcome sight...especially since ours is only about 4 years old. My chiropractor recommended we get a memory foam mattress. The mattress we were replacing was a memory foam/spring combo, and I'm pretty sure that's the last spring mattress we'll ever buy. (ironic they are called "spring" mattresses when they don't spring back.) We got a new 10" memory foam mattress delivered last week. So far so good. We'll keep you posted.


2. "Happy Endings"
I love this show. So hilarious. I have to admit sometimes I need to rewind because the humor is so fast and furious. If you haven't watched it yet, program your DVR immediately. It won't disappoint.
 
3. lunch with my faves
Today I went to my favorite lunch spot: Tomato Head. Got my favorite sandwich: the vegan; organic marinated tofu, fresh spinach, carrot, red onion, vegan pesto, tomato, & sprouts. And got to spend it with my favorite guy. Such a nice treat.

4. air purifier
Spring time brings beautiful flowers and blossoming trees.....and for me, unfortunately, itchy eyes, itchy nose & itchy throat. We live in one of the highest pollen count zones in the US. Something about how the air travels off the mountains into the valley and the kinds of trees here...or something. We have some heavy duty air purifiers in the house, and I can definitely tell a difference from the outside Tennessee air to inside our clean, allergy-free house. We have one Voranado unit downstairs and two BlueAir units upstairs. The BlueAir has HepaSilent technology and filters 99.97% of dust, pollen, and mold spores. I'm amazed everytime we change the filters. Amazed. And disgusted. And thankful all that gunk isn't in my body.








5. a new creative venture
I've finally decided to open my own on-line jewelry shop! I'm nervous. and excited. and nervous. It's a little daunting thinking about all I still need to do, but I think it's going to be a good thing. I'll keep you posted on all the when's and where's. Exciting stuff.




What are you thankful for today?