Thursday, March 22, 2012

thankful thursday: 7


Today's thankful thursday is the 'cute animal' edition. When I was younger, I had a rabbit (that I lovingly cuddled and pet with work gloves because I was so allergic, sad face), a dog (who let me dress her up in my shirts and shoes...poor, patient Snickers), and lots and lots of fish (harder to pet, but still possible). All this to say: ever since I can remember, I've loved animals. They make me happy. Animals are such amazing creatures, and if you're willing, they will teach you infinite amounts of wisdom. 

One very hard lesson for me, was realizing all living things eventually cease to exist in the physical realm. A tough reality at any age. Even though there can be so much pain and sadness when a life or anything meaningful comes to an end, there is always an opportunity for growth. Things are always changing. Animals and people will come in and out of our lives. Each bringing unique possibilities to learn and grow. I'm starting to think that's what life is all about. Can we take something away from pain? I'm thankful for every animal that I've ever had the pleasure of sharing a home with. I'm thankful for the good times and amazing memories, but now I can say I'm even thankful for the sad times. I'm still learning, and I'm thankful. 

And now, as promised, the cute, cuddly animals. If you have a pet, go give it a hug! No pet? Go give someone you love a hug? 
(Or a stranger...that could be fun too!)





source  




WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR TODAY?