Thursday, March 8, 2012

thankful thursday: 5





I hope everyone is having a fabulous week with lots to be thankful for. This week is flying for me...I can't believe tomorrow's Friday already! YAY! Here's what I'm thankful for today:

1.belly laughs
According to studies, adults only laugh about 17 times a day...versus kids who laugh around 300 times! Isn't that crazy!? Why does everything get so serious as we get older? Yes, we have more "adult" issues to face, but with age also comes the realization that most of the things we stress about really don't deserve the worry, anxiety, and attention we give them. And when you consider that the act of laughter can lower blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, and provide a boost to the immune system, the choice seems clear...laugh. laugh loud. laugh often. Here's some funny stuff to get you started:



2.money back for taxes!
Who wouldn't be thankful for that!? We got our taxes done last weekend, and are getting a nice chunk of our money back!! yippee! 

3.a quiet house
With three dogs (two still puppies), the moments of peace and quiet aren't too often. But when calmness does present itself, I am immensely grateful. I never knew how much I appreciated the quiet, until it wasn't there. 

4.toilets
I don't think I need to elaborate. Let's all say a quick "thank you."

5.Pinterest
For those of you who aren't already addicted...Pinterest is a glorious website where you can find everything from recipes and DIY projects to outfit ideas and amazing photography. You can then "pin" anything you find on the web to your virtual pinboard for future reference. I am in LOVE with this site. I have boards for home projects, clothes I hope to buy when we win the lottery, recipes and lots of other fun stuff. Here's the link to my boards. Beware: this site is addicting. seriously.


What are you thankful for today?


2 comments:

  1. what a great post! who would have thought to be thankful to toilets, but i get it! and i am utterly amazed by #1...17 versus 300??? seriously!? that needs to change (the adult number, not the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks two birds! Yeah, I was also pretty amazed at what sour pusses adults are! Maybe we can get a petition started to replace the evening news with cartoons?? That should help.

    ReplyDelete