Thursday, March 1, 2012

thankful thursday: 4




Happy 1st of March to you all. Did you do anything exciting with your 'extra day' yesterday? It feels really good to be starting a new month. Let's leave behind everything we don't need in February and start fresh. Sound good? Here's what made my completely random 'list of thanks' today:

1.my job
As I sit here in my pajamas at 1:40pm (hey, no judging), I can't help but think I'm pretty blessed that I get to work from home. And as an added bonus, I actually like what I do (most days).  


2.almond butter
If you haven't tried it, you should. I LOVE it in smoothies, on toast with a little bit of honey, or in oatmeal. I like the no stir MaraNatha brand. So good and good for you! 
3.spring nail polish
Nothing says "spring is coming!" like super bright nail polish. My absolute favorite brand is essie. love. Here's their Spring/Summer 2012 line-up. 
(I love every single one. Would it be weird if I painted every finger a different color even though I'm not 9 years old?)

Colors (left to right):
Navigate Her, A Crewed InterestTo Buy Or Not To Buy,
Tour De Finance, Ole Caliente, Orange, It's Obvious.

4.on-line shopping
Do you remember when we actually had to go out of our house to buy crap?!? Yes children, it's true. We used to have to get into a car and drive to a store (often to discover what we need is nowhere to be found), maneuver our way through the crowds, and then drive all the way home! Shopping from the comforts of home is sooooo much better. And besides not having to move from your chair to buy stuff (but let's be honest, this is reason enough), you can surf to find the cheapest price of whatever gismo you're looking for! Hallelujah. I don't think we're all thankful enough for this. 
Let's take a moment. 


5.my iphone
Speaking of gismos...I love my iPhone. I have the 3G version, and I don't feel like I'm ready to trade her in yet. I don't mind that I don't have as much memory as the newer models, or that whoever I'm calling can't see me on FaceTime (See #1...I'm in my pi's), and I have no complaints with AT&T as my carrier. Would it be nice to have more mega-pixels in the camera? sure. Or to have Siri help me figure out where to eat or to call me "rock god" as shown in the commercials. of course. But for some reason, I'm not ready to make the leap. I like my little iPhone 3. Maybe I'll hold out until 5 comes along and it can do my taxes and make me dinner (I'm sure there's an app for that). Till then, me and 3 will continue on our journey together blissfully unaware of what we're missing.



What are you thankful for today?