Friday, February 10, 2012

dirrrrrty drawers.

I consider myself a fairly neat person. Our house is clean. Things are organized. When my outside world is tidy, it creates a sense of order and calmness inside my busy mind. So the fact that our bathroom drawers and cabinets looked as if they were ravaged by a natural disaster of some sort was, let's just say, unsettling. I recruited my unsuspecting husband to help build some drawer organizers and I got to work. Lots of cleaning. LOTS of throwing away. I'm thrilled with how everything turned out, and we didn't spend a cent. Now my mind can relax again...until the next project. :) 

 so much make-up mess. i think i'm keeping bare minerals in business.

 sanding the drawer divider. made of scrap plywood we had laying around.

 i took a plastic gift bag and used it to line the drawers.

 now the drawers will wipe out easy.

drawer divider in place.



i printed out a striped design and cut them rectangles to fit into the drawer fronts. less mess to see. i had a canvas bin from Target that i put to use housing all my hair stuff, lotions, etc.


The best part is that it's been a week and it's still clean!  

2 comments:

  1. I love to get organized, so much more easy to do and find things.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tereza! Glad you like our little blog! You're blog is pretty cute yourself. I'm headed over to your super cute blog and will definitely become a follower. If you feel compelled to do the same, we'd be honored! :)

      Delete