Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a berry good tip

A few weeks ago I spilled strawberry smoothie on my favorite scarf. 
(it was a sad, sad day.) 
So I scoured the internet for a home made stain remover, hoping I would have the needed ingredients on hand. Turns out all you need is hot water! ("what's that?!" you say.) I was skeptical at first as well. Especially because I've always read that hot water sets stains in. But I was desperate. So I gave it a go, and it worked! (insert happy dance here.)  All you need to do is boil water and pour it directly onto the stain. I believe the article said this only works with berry stains...something with the chemical make-up of berries and the boiling water combine to...blah, blah, {snore}. I stopped reading after the directions. Who cares why it works. It just does. 
(I obviously did not fare well in chemistry class.)  





Anyone else with any handy stain removing tips?