Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY t-shirt scarf

Infinity t-shirt scarves seem to be all the rage right now. I'd seen several blogs and websites with tutorials on how to make your own....but I didn't want fringes, bangles, braids, beads. I just wanted a simple, comfy, cozy infinity t-shirt scarf with no bells or whistles. I snagged an old t-shirt from Arik and got to work. I'm pretty happy with my comfy little scarf. Extra bonus, it was super easy.


Step 1. Start with an old t-shirt. (The bigger, the better)


Then find a helper...


or two.


Step 2. Cut off the bottom hem & the top of shirt under sleeves.


Step 3. Make one cut down the middle leaving about 2 inches at the end. If you want a skinnier, strappier scarf, cut 2 or 3 strips.

Step 4. Pull each end so the edges roll.


"Are you done yet?" Almost.


Step 5. Grab onto the end where you left the 2 extra inches. You should have 2 long loops. You can fold the scarf in half or you can wear it long. If you want to cover the back seam you can use the hem you cut off and wrap it around. You don't really see it when it's scrunched up, so I didn't bother. But that's where a lot of other bloggers got creative. If you're looking for a bit more detail in your scarf, check out some of these:


Here's the finished product. Simple. Easy. Cute.

3 comments:

  1. i like it, great job!! i have been meaning to make one for a while, but haven't gotten around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It literally takes 5 minutes. You can make matching ones for you and bebe H. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I want to do it right now!! great blog! want to follow my new blog? mundochiate.blogspot.com.ar i´ll follow you
    bye, bye!

    ReplyDelete