Sunday, January 15, 2012

and the golden globe goes to...(snore)

Are you watching the golden globes tonight? I always look forward to seeing all the crazy/beautiful fashion do's and don'ts (maybe the don'ts a tad more). But as usual, besides the comedy catagories, the comedy actor/actress awards, (and any off-handed comments by Mr. Gervais), I'm starting to find myself slowly nodding off. (Is this seriously 3 hours!?) Wouldn't it be amazing if they had an awards show for only the best comedies and comedic actors of tv and movies over the last 20 years? I would definitely watch that (much shorter and funnier) awards show. It got me thinking...what are my all-time favorite comedy shows? Top 5 Drumroll......
1.Arrested Development. Seriously one of the funniest shows ever made. Quirky. Smart and hilarious writing. One of the very few shows that you can watch again and again and it's still funny (maybe even funnier).


2.Friends. Such a feel good show. I was 14 years old when this show first aired (1994) and watched through high school and college. It was part of the culture during those years. Hair styles (the "Rachel") and one-liners ("how you doin'?") were copied, and it seemed to be one of those shows parents and kids both enjoyed. Rare.



3. Modern Family. Now I know this series hasn't been on the air too long, but in my book it definitely deserves a spot in the top 5. If you haven't seen this show yet, you're missing out. Each character is so, so funny. (But Cam is my favorite with Phil coming in at a close second) The things that come out of their mouths are extremely witty...I laugh out loud several times a show. out. loud.
4. Seinfeld. Classic. Hilarious. Never gets old. Sponge-worthy.


5. Will & Grace. I loved how adorably flawed each one of these characters was. The writing and comedic punch lines were pretty edgy at the time (1998) for network TV. There were plenty "did he/she just say that?!" moments. Love me some Jack. And Karen. Love.

Honorable Mentions: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Scrubs, Happy Endings, The Office, Sex & the City

Did I miss anyone's favorites???

1 comment:

  1. Love them all! I still wanna be Karen Walker when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete